Be one of the first to become a qualified Teacher of Land Based Studies
Wednesday, 12 May 2010 17:04
The Mid Somerset Consortium for Teacher Training will be delivering a Graduate Teacher Programme to enable the training of graduates for those who wish to teach Land Based Studies* and achieve Qualified Teacher Status.
The GTP training will be provided by the MSC and can be completed in a local school.
• The training will be delivered over 10 months with a salary of £14,500.
• Trainees must be additional to the existing school staff with salary funding and a training grant available for the school.
• Applicants will be expected to have some prior school experience preferably in a Secondary school for a minimum of two weeks.
• At least 50% of your degree studies should be directly related to Land Based Studies.
• Grade C in GCSE Maths and English are also a requirement.
• Specialist subject training will be coordinated by The West Somerset Community College.
• Closing date for applications: Monday 24 May 2010
If you are interested in this unique and exciting opportunity please contact for an application pack:
The Mid Somerset Consortium
Crispin School, Church Road,
Somerset, BA16 0AD
Tel 01458 449418
Fax 01458 447955
*Land Based Studies relates to the LBS sector and therefore covers subjects such as Agriculture, Horticulture, Animal Care, Countryside Management and Environmental Science.