FACE and Farmhouse Breakfast Week
Wednesday, 08 February 2012 08:58
FACE was very busy during Farmhouse Breakfast Week in January organising activities for children all over the country.
With partners ranging from NFU to the landbased colleges and with the help of innumerable farmers, the following exciting activities took place:
- Over 200 children in the North East learnt where scrambled eggs and toast originate from before tucking into these breakfast products
- At Plumpton College in the South East school children investigated the life of the dairy cow and were lucky enough to see a newly-born litter of piglets
- At Warwickshire College, children from Coventry sampled breakfast in the college refectory before being taken on a farm tour by some of the students
- In an East Midlands school, after having a go at milking a model cow, pupils experimented with making and tasting smoothies and muesli mixtures
- In Shropshire children made their own sausages which they then enjoyed eating after learning more about where our food comes from
- FACE worked with Newbury & District Agricultural Society to provide a healthy breakfast and lots of breakfast activities to primary school children from Slough
Do contact FACE if you are a farmer or a teacher who would like to get involved in similar activities at any time of the year!