1. How many hectares of land do the Griffins farm in total?
2. How long have the Griffins been farming in the area? How long have they been farming at Marsh Farm?
3. List the changes in the type of farming at Meadow Farm from the late nineteenth century until the present day
4. Use the timeline to find out the key dates when land was bought to expand the farm. For each date, suggest reasons why you think the farmer decided to expand the farm.
5. Complete the organisation chart below, to show the major roles in the Griffin farming business.
6. How many staff may be employed by the Griffins at peak periods?
7. Why do you think the company employs so many people on a casual, short term basis?
8.The part time office clerk has the responsibility for keeping an up-to-date database of the casual workers that are employed at peak periods.
a) .Create information for a simple database for storing and searching for casual staff records.
The database should contain;
Address local workers should live within 5 miles of the farms. The students also live locally and the foreign workers, from Poland, are employed through an agency.
Number of years employed
b) . Making use of the data base.
How many of the casual workers are under:-
i) 30 years? ii) 25 years?